Last week, though, Lynsey tagged me in this 11 Facts/11Questions thing and it made me pretty excited because, like I said, no one tags me anymore. It was like being picked for the kickball team, which, have you seen my calves?
Anyways, what you're supposed to do is list 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions the tagger asked you, tag 11 people and ask them 11 questions. That's a whole lot of crap to do, though, so I'm skipping out on the "11 Facts" part of it, because I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to know that much about me and because 9/11 of these facts would in fact be, "I love chocolate."
Lynsey's 11 Questions
1. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled? - My travel experiences are very, very limited. I haven't been out of the country since I was 10, and it was a trip to the Dominican Republic. So I'll say there.
2. How many times have you moved in your entire life? One time. ONE TIME. I know moving is pretty much a pain in the butt, but I think the next time I move, I'm going to be all fraulein Maria about it.
3. What do you do to calm down when you’re stressed or upset? - Eat. That's a terrible answer, but I'm being honest. A close second is crawl in bed and do something mindless like watch something I've already seen 100 times, like the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. This is getting embarrassing.
4. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink? - It changes, like all of my other favorites, but currently amaretto sours.
5. Do you prefer to be outdoors or indoors? - Indoors, for the most part. Usually I'll have a indoor marathon and then I'll get stir crazy.
Plus, right around this time, I start missing the beach. I only want to be at the beach OMG ALL THE TIME when it isn't warm enough yet.
6. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be? - The most disgusting combination of crap you've ever heard of. It would include french fries, some form of pasta, zebra cakes, Nutella and um, possibly more chocolate.
7. Who was your first celebrity crush? - Dean Cain.
8. What was your favorite year of college and/or of high school (and why)? - Freshman year of high school, before people got to know each other too well. We were all too new at the high school thing to have it be very complicated. I remember it being very simple fun.
9. Tell me about an inside joke you have with your parents. - My father is always singing "silly songs." From him, I picked up the habit of poorly translating songs or sayings, so that tocar la puerta becomes "touch the door" or tomar un asiento becomes "drink a chair." Etc.
10. What was your first favorite song, and do you still like that song now? - I have no idea. The first CD I owned was Jennifer Knapp's Lay It Down, a gift from my sister.
11. In general, do you prefer dark or light hair on the opposite sex? - In theory light hair but according to my history, dark hair. In all honesty, whatever hair comes with not-a-douche.
- Penny has been working extra super hard lately, working after hours and stuff to raise money for her non-profit organization job. She's become a fundraising champion.
- I'm trying desperately to save all of my money, ever, for my upcoming trip to Paris.
On Saturday, I went with some of our youth group to downtown Miami to give out plates of food and bags of essentials to the homeless. After I got back home, I sent a text message to Penny.
Lor: Will I see your face ever?
Penny: Duuuh! What are you doing today?
Lor: I was volunteering this morning in Miami. Now I'm sitting around trying to figure out how to not spend money.
Penny: Look at us getting our Mother Theresa on ;) The only thing that is semi-free is the beach.
Lor: Hmmm. Mother Theresa is thinking about having to shave her legs...
Pen: I can't even...
And that was my weekend.
To see who I've tagged and what I've asked in the 11 meme, follow the jump. I like all of your faces and don't judge me for not wanting to shave my legs. Or my crush on Dean Cain. Or that I would have z-cakes as part of my last meal.
I'm tagging all of the Nipclique, even though I know some of them are very, very busy bees. However, I figure if some of them ignore and reject me, it won't be too bad because they're like family.
Spot 11 goes to my favoritest Florida girl, Jennifer.
And here are your questions:
1.) If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
2.) Were you ever teased in school and for what?
3.) At what age was your first kiss? Tell us the story.
4.) What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
5.) We're all out at karaoke together. Which song do you choose to sing?
6.) You are writing your memoir. What's the title?
7.) Dean Cain and I are going to grant you whatever super power you want. What do you choose?
8.) You leave the house without your cell phone in the morning. Do you go back for it?
9.) You can only watch one TV show for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?
10.) You can only read one book for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?
11.) What food is definitely going to be served in hell?
Have fun! And if anyone is all, "those are amazing questions! I must answer them right away!" well, I may be dreaming. But, if in fact, I am not dreaming and you want to answer my questions, just leave me a link to your post and I'll link you on my next post.