It seems to me that I've recently adopted the very opposite of this guideline.
If anything in the world is trivial, if there is anything that is without worth, any trifle of a matter, on those things I shall expand.
Some might attribute this to my uncanny observations skills. On this Monday morning, I'm chalking it up to the fact that last night, at 10:02pm, I realized that was the latest I'd been up in over a week.
I've been in this cycle of going to work, dying, resurrecting at 5:30 in order to drive home, getting in bed and passing out, waking up, watching Netflix, passing out, repeat, repeat, repeat. This weekend, you basically just cut out the "work" part and, well, repeat.
Being sick sucks.
But because even when I have nothing to say, I have things to say, I bring you:
Seven Trifling Things I Thought About While I Was Actually Awake AKA How I Spent My Weekend:
1. Cheerio - I love Pride and Prejudice. I read the book all the time when I'm bored at work, and if I'm feeling super bored and lazy, I'll watch every adaptation of it, ever. And then I'll start watching every adaptation of Jane Eyre ever, even that one with Timothy Dalton.
So, this week, whenever I woke up from my feverish sleep and was sweating too profusely to immediately return to slumber, I started watching period dramas. Mansfield Park, some mini-series named North & South and some abomination Lost in Austen.
Finally, I started watching Downton Abbey. What a great show. I highly recommend it to anyone, but especially if you don't think I'm a total nut job after reading these last few paragraphs.
|Look at how English we are.|
The best part of it all? Everyone in my dreams on Saturday night HAD ENGLISH ACCENTS. Myself included.
2. Wipe Out - Isn't it weird that roaches can basically survive a nuclear apocalypse, but if they get turned onto their backs, their entire life is over?
3. Foot Fear - I have two weird fears related to my feet. I have no idea where they come from or why or, you know, why, but these are them: 1.) That one day I will slip my foot into a pair of shoes and there will be a creepy crawly of any form inside and 2.) that while I'm driving something will crawl across my driving foot.
4. Noisy Rain - Am I the only person who doesn't think rain is awesome for sleeping? I mean, I enjoy rainy weather because it's dark and chilled and who wants to be outside anyways? But all that damn noise rain makes when it's falling on windows? Yeah, no. SHHH.
5. All Sleep is Not Created Equal - Here is a list of awesome sleep: after just enough alcohol to not be drunk but more than one drink sleep. After physical activity you enjoyed and then a shower and then sleep sleep. I just slept for five minutes and it felt like a few hours sleep. I had so much fun last night and now I have no where to be so I'm just going to sleep sleep.
Here is a list of really sucky sleep: Fever sleep. Car sleep. Plane sleep. Someone I don't know well is sleeping near me sleep. I better sleep or else I'm going to be so tired later sleep.
6. The Cold Diet - I haven't eaten much this weekend because you can't really enjoy eating as much when you can't breathe. Today I've been eating a little more but everything has tastes that don't belong to it. Like my Starbucks morning bun tasted like pizza.
7. All Tuckered Out - I'm so tired still, which is amazing, considering I slept a millionty hours in total. My body hurts, but no longer in an achy fever way but in a "oh man. One cough has got to be worth five crunches at least" sort of way.
Watch out for this two pack.
Maybe we should all stick to blogging when we actually have stuff to say.
Hope you all had lovely (awake) weekends,